Monday, April 3, 2017

3 Nephi 9:15 - I am Jesus Christ the Son of God

15 Behold, I am Jesus Christ the Son of God. I created the heavens and the earth, and all things that in them are. I was with the Father from the beginning. I am in the Father, and the Father in me; and in me hath the Father glorified his name.
If there is one thing that can be learned from the above verse, it is that everything that Christ does is Heavenly Father's will. From the creation of the universe, to His Atoning sacrifice, He has been "with the Father from the beginning" (3 Ne 9:15). He requires of us to be more like Him, meaning we must be with the Father in all that we do as well.

19 And ye shall offer up unto me no more the shedding of blood; yea, your sacrifices and your burnt offerings shall be done away, for I will accept none of your sacrifices and your burnt offerings.
20 And ye shall offer for a sacrifice unto me a broken heart and a contrite spirit...
The Savior has given us everything, yet expects next to nothing in return. Think about the humility that He shows here. "I do not want offerings, I simply want you to try to be a little kinder to one another. Just try to love one another, and serve one another." How remarkable.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment