Sunday, April 16, 2017

John 6:35 - The Bread of Life

35 And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.
 In the Topical Guide under Bread of Life, it's suggested that readers "See also Sacrament." By declaring himself the bread of life, Christ is essentially saying that through him, all men can be sustained. Christ's Atoning sacrifice enabled the salvation of every human being that has ever lived. In a sense, he nourishes the soul, providing strength to resist temptation and healing from sin.
38 For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.
39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.
40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.
 Heavenly Father's will is that Christ overcome death, enabling the resurrection for all, and that he provide a means by which everyone can return to live with Him again someday,

No comments:

Post a Comment